Sunday, October 5, 2008

Retreat

it's difficult to want something that I haven't been accustomed to (the whole year round since my last retreat). For the past year, I haven't been exactly your model catholic.so now,fresh from another retreat this year, I've been rejuvenated with a new resolve. I've forgotten so many things that are based on my faith. Mired in the own pit that I created, I forgot already the inner joy and peace that others feel when they are one with our creator. These are some of the points that I want to remember for the rest of the year until my next retreat:

:: Life of man is happiness and joy, not pleasure. Pleasure is fleeting. Happiness is something external (outside of yourself that you gain). Joy is something within yourself that overflows and are able to communicate with/to others.

::Sanctify your work. Sanctify it by offering it to our Lord.

::We are all born to love God. It is in our nature.

So for a change, I will try to use what I have learned. I'm too tired of becoming selfish. It's time that I loved back.

I'm posting this because I want to be reminded of the things that I learned. Sharing it just in case someone else may learn from it.

No comments: